I've received a lot of e-mails from people who have read
Beginning iPhone 3 Development. Anytime somebody thanks Dave and me for helping them to create an App, it feels pretty darn good, but a few e-mails stand out. I got one such e-mail, today, from Cameron Cohen, an eleven year old developer who already has an App in the App Store.
Now, in my mind, that's a pretty cool thing in and of itself. But it gets even cooler: Cameron is donating a part of the proceeds of his app to
Mattel Children's Hospital UCLA's Child Life / Child Development program.
I don't normally blog about end-user applications — that's not the purpose of this blog — but I'm making an exception in this case. Check out Cameron's
web site and also check out his first app,
iSketch (
iTunes Link).
Also, if there's anybody in the media reading this, I think Cameron's tale would make a great human interest story… I'm just sayin'.